I tracked down and fixed a logic error that was in the prior version. The plugin now works as intended and is tested up to WordPress 2.5.1. I hope to be looking into testing and making any necessary adjustments for 2.6 shortly.
Please download the latest version here:
Sorry for the delay on updating, but Login LockDown 1.2 has now been released. I fixed the issue that Continue reading
Just to let you guys know, it looks like the IP address that Bad Neighborhood runs on has been added to Project Honeypot (IP data can be viewed here). I had thought that you actually had to spam someone after hitting a honeypot in order to get added to the blacklist, but a friend of mine is running http:BL on her site, and the crawler is blocked from seeing her content.
I am looking into getting off the blacklist, but until I do Continue reading
I just added new advertising opportunities on the Bad Neighborhood website. Click here for more information: http://www.bad-neighborhood.com/sponsor-us.htm
Despite the loss of all historical data, the site is back and fully functional, aside from one tool. The Keyword Suggestion Tool based on AOL Leaked Data is currently offline. I will have to re-crunch the data from the original files, and am not sure yet how long that will take. I apologize for the downtime.
The server where I have Bad Neighborhood has been down now for 24 hours. I have the site mostly moved over to the new server now, but am missing certain databases. I am trying to get the backups now. I will post as soon as I am up and running again.
A minor compatibility issue with a MySQL statement in the Login LockDown Security Plugin has been fixed. The old version, 1.0, was using a MySQL function that did not become available until MySQL 4.1.1, whereas WordPress only requires MySQL 4.0. Only those who were getting a MySQL error after activating the plugin would need to upgrade to Login LockDown 1.1.
I am happy to announce the release of Login LockDown, a new plugin for WordPress, designed to help increase security and reduce the chance of someone hacking into your WordPress installation.
There was an issue with attempting to scan certain urls causing the scanner to fail. I thought I had fixed it, but found out it was still happening with requests to scan SSL (HTTPS) sites. I modified the way the urls are passed through the AJAX calls and everything appears to be working again. Please let me know if anyone encounters any more issues. 🙂